Update timing

DrTeeth

When one buys another license, how soon can one enter the new license information so one does not lose any time on the old one?

Thanks

DrT

PS Due to a poor showing by Bitdefender during testing and a price drop on Amazon.co.uk, looks as if I will be with ESET for another year.

That's a new license, right?

I don't think you can renew your current one with a new license.

Wait till the last day of your current license and enter a new license into program.

That's a new license, right?

I don't think you can renew your current one with a new license.

Wait till the last day of your current license and enter a new license into program.

Yep

• ESET Staff

Hi DrTeeth,

Nedim's response is accurate, it is best to wait until you have used the full duration of your existing license period before you activate your new license.

PS Due to a poor showing by Bitdefender during testing and a price drop on Amazon.co.uk, looks as if I will be with ESET for another year.

Oh i'm so sorry that sounds terrible I hope you will be OK with it  :P

Joke aside, very nice to see you stay and out of these two you clearly picked the right one  ;)

Edited by SweX

Hi DrTeeth,

Nedim's response is accurate, it is best to wait until you have used the full duration of your existing license period before you activate your new license.

Hi CB530, I hope you don't mind me asking. :)

Now this thread is about a new license.

But I asked a similar question in another thread about renewal only because Marcos mentioned that renewing earlier works fine for the Business products, renewing means we keep the same user/pass so how does it work for the Home products if we renew earlier than on the last day?

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2582-license-notifications/?p=14747

Thanks.

Hi DrTeeth,

Hi CB530, I hope you don't mind me asking. :)

Now this thread is about a new license.

But I asked a similar question in another thread about renewal only because Marcos mentioned that renewing earlier works fine for the Business products, renewing means we keep the same user/pass so how does it work for the Home products if we renew earlier than on the last day?

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2582-license-notifications/?p=14747

Thanks.

I finally found my answer. But if it works like this wordwide is another question.

Can I extend my license before the expiration date?

ESET does not currently offer a license extension program. You may renew up to 90 days before your license expires, and 60 days after your license expires. If you do decide to renew before your expiration date, your new expiration will not take effect until your original expiration date passes.