Which Version of Endpoint does ESMC 7.2 Support?

I have an older 5.x ERA server and a dozen or so endpoints connecting to it. FOr various reasons i need to leave some on the older 5.x era server but will migrate a few to newer 7.x platform. The endpoind connection are a mix of 5.x Endpoint AV and 4.5.x File Security. Can ESMC 7.2 manage any off the older 5.x or 4.x platform?

Is there anything special i need to do when creating policies specific for the older endpoints? How do i move them from era to esmc? do i just change the admin server ip in the 5.x endpoint to point to the ip of the esmc server?

Edited by slarkins

• Administrators

There's nothing special to do. When upgrading EFSW 4 to EFSW 7.2, note that the old version must be uninstalled and the server rebooted prior to installing EFSW v7.  Also note that the last OS supported by v4.5 was Windows Server 2003. If you have a newer one, you should upgrade to v7 as soon as possible. In case of WS 2003, you should upgrade to EFSW 6.5 which is the last one that supports it.

You misunderstand my question....i dont want to update the older 5.x and 4.x endpoints on some of the older xp and 2003 computers...can 7.2 manage the older 5.x and 4.x endpoints? If so, how do i move the older endpoints to point to the esmc server for policies and updates?

• Administrators

I just wanted to emphasize that upgrading to the latest supported version in the following weeks is crucial.

If you deploy agent on a system with legacy v4, the product will start to communicate with agent and agent with communicate with the ESMC server.

You can refer to KB6891 how to deploy ESET Management Agent v7 from ERA5 console.

The guide works from Windows 7 or Server 2008 as it depends on Powershell v1 folder:
https://support.eset.com/en/kb6891-deploy-eset-management-agent-using-eset-remote-administrator-5x

I also had v5 Endpoints and 4.5 FileServer Products and i could manage them with ESMC7 after the Agent was deployed.

We also having enclaved XP machines. For those i created from the ESMC an All-in-One installer, including latest Endpoint 6.5 & Agent v7. We do a manual install on each system on top of Endpoint v5. No need to uninstall v5 first.

In the Online Help for ESMC 7.2 you find the information which products can be managed:
https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/72/en-US/?supported_products_install.html

Edited by HSeber