ESET remote admin version 7.2.1266.0

Hi,

I was looking through our clients in the remote admin portal and noticed all of them are running the remote admin app at version 6.5.522.0 and not 7.2.1266.0. I tried updating my version and it failed. So I downloaded the application again and it installed version 6.5.552.0 from the latest download available for remote admin. Would it be possible for me to get a link to the 7.2.1266.0 download.

Or is this possibly a case that the remote admin portal is saying that 7.2.1266.0 is the latest version when it is actually 6.5.522.0?

• Administrators

Have you already upgraded the ESMC server to the latest v7.2, e.g. via an ERA component upgrade task? If so, did you send an component upgrade task to clients from the ESMC server to get agent updated to v7.2 as well?

• ESET Staff
6 hours ago, bmerriwork said:

Or is this possibly a case that the remote admin portal is saying that 7.2.1266.0 is the latest version when it is actually 6.5.522.0?

Unfortunately this is exactly the case -> version check tells you that newer AGENT version is available, but executing of components upgrade task will upgrade AGENT only to latest version that is "compatible" with your ERA/ESMC server (or more precisely version you selected when upgrade task was defined). It would be possible to upgrade AGENTs to 7.2 but in case you are not already using ESMC 7.2 server, it would result in inability of upgraded AGENT to connect to your older ERA server.

We have improved this behavior since and more recent ESMC versions will show AGENT as outdated only in case there is compatible AGENT version available.

I am now even more confused. I just checked my ESET Remote admin through the control panel, after using the remote admin to do components upgrade, it successfully went to version 7.2.1266.0. However it still shows as 6.5 in the remote admin portal.

• Administrators

Have you already upgraded ERA to ESMC? Is the client reporting to the ESMC server, ie. is the time of the last connection being updated? If not, please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html on the client and post it here too.

Sorry it took a while to reply. I cannot find that folder location but checking through control panel the servers RA has not been updated yet. Would be advised to make a backup for the ESET folders or is fine to just update the application.

• Administrators

Prior to upgrading the ERA/ESMC server, we recommend backing up the database and exporting both the peer agent/server certificates as well as the CA certificate. Then you can send an ERA/ESMC component upgrade task to the machine.