Remove old server from the update server list on clients

I've changed to a different server running ERAS. I made changes in the policy manager and all clients are now pointing to and updating properly to the new server.The old server is no longer being used for ERAS.

All the clients still have the old server in the list of update servers on their pc's. How can I remove the old server from the list of update servers on the client machines using ERAS console?

• Administrators

It's not possible to remove update servers from the list without uninstalling the program and installing it from scratch (besides editing the registry in safe mode). However, what matters is what update server is selected; there can be many servers defined but updates will be downloaded only from the selected one.

Hmm.. try this: select from client list any client who have old server - press F4 and select : use the downloaded cfg in the new cfg task and than do New task and Edit - here You can delete old servers - ofcourse be sure that this server is not avilable in policy which will override settings :) task send on all clients who have simillar cfg

Hmm.. try this: select from client list any client who have old server - press F4 and select : use the downloaded cfg in the new cfg task and than do New task and Edit - here You can delete old servers - ofcourse be sure that this server is not avilable in policy which will override settings :) task send on all clients who have simillar cfg

I tried this but the config file does not show the old server. Therefore there was nothing to edit or remove. It appears Marcos is correct. I found the registry setting listing the old server but I could not delete the value unless the computer was running in safe mode.

Edited by Mr. Natural

• Administrators

Is there any practical reason why unused servers would need to be removed from the list on clients?

Is there any practical reason why unused servers would need to be removed from the list on clients?

No practical reason, just my nature to keep things clean when and where I can.  :)

• 1 month later...

Yes - if the server went away, just having it there is a potential problem if the settings are not password protected - but if the workstations are setup with policies, and the settings are password protected, it shouldn't be too big a problem.  Not having the the ability to clear out old data is silly though - if I change the name of the local mirror from "esetmirror01.mydomain.com" to "esetmirror02.mydomain.com" because of a hardware change, what practical reason is there for not being able to remove the reduntant server?