Adguard Web Filter

TomFace

Any thoughts on Adguard Web Filter 5.9.1081.5529? I was using AdFender but ran into some compatibility issues with IE11 and Hitman Pro.

Yes, I also know some folks do not use ad blockers (right Swex?)

Hey Tom.

Yes I don't use an ad blocker....well yet anyway.  ;)

If/when I will start using an ad-blocker I will strongly consider Adguard, as I hear good stuff about it, and most of the people I know that are using it are happy with it. 

Cheers.

I have had no issues whatsoever using adguard with ESS.Adguard works well with pretty much any security suite.I have it installed on all my machines,a win7x64 with KIS and 2 Win8.1 Pro X64 machines with ESS.I also have installed it on others machines with solutions like Norton and Bitdefender and it seems to get along really well.I would probably just ad the following to exceptions just to play it safe: the program files folder for adguard,the program data folder for adguard,and the users roaming folder (insoft).I usually keep the adguard assistant disabled as I have seen it slightly affect page load time.If you need to use the assistant to block an element you can always just re-enable it.Also,under network options,make sure use WFP network driver is unchecked if you are running windows 7.On win 8.1 machines there have been a few isolated issues with compatibility with the WFP network driver in adguard and some av's.I have confronted no such issue personally as my regular config in win 8.1 is ie11 with epm enabled as well as 64bit processes enabled,with adguard WFP network driver checked.I am a huge fan of adguard.It can pretty much do anything.The best thing I ever did was to ditch admuncher.I had grown tired of the years of promises of an update coming.I would have to say adguard was the best software purchase I have made in the last year, outside of Eset that is.

superssjdan, Swex & Arakasi...thanks for your input. Yahoo seems to have amped up their ads lately :angry:. Maybe it's time for a change. :P

You're welcome, hopefully you'll find one that suits you fine. :)

Yes I agree with superssjdan regarding Ad-muncher, it is great software, but great software also needs continuous developments to stay on the surface. I had high hopes that the AM userbase would see the new version sooner rather than later, but it looks like it will be later unfortunately, well it already is very very very much later, too late it feels like.

So maybe Adguard will become the new king on the throne, the potential is high at least.

Edited by SweX

I still say adblock plus over admuncher or adgaurd, sorry.

You don't need to be sorry my friend. :wub:

We all use whatever works best for us and what we like the best  ;)

Edited by SweX

Yeah, i just meant sorry that im being argumentative against muncher and gaurd lol.

Yes I know  :D

Edited by SweX