ESET Internet Security on Linux password/username

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing, register ESET in Linux.  I have a license key, but need a U/P if it's not too much trouble, or is there something that can convert that to a U/P?  I see there's a page to go the other way.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, jbaronp3 said:

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing, register ESET in Linux.  I have a license key, but need a U/P if it's not too much trouble, or is there something that can convert that to a U/P?  I see there's a page to go the other way.

Please check your personal messages.

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing, register ESET in Linux, I could find my U/P on my.eset.com before, but I can’t find it now. Is there any way to check U/P?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, easy said:

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing, register ESET in Linux, I could find my U/P on my.eset.com before, but I can’t find it now. Is there any way to check U/P?

Since I was unable to find any license registered to your forum email address, please contact the seller from whom you purchased the license.

I am a distributor myself, and I am often asked this question by customers recently, so I want to know if there is an interface that can be provided to users. I used to recommend users to use my.eset.com to query, but now I can't query U/P on my.eset.com.

Hello,
I've purchased NOD32 for Linux online by your site,
I've received your email with public ID, license key but not username/password requested to enable NOD32 updates.
I've opened 2 support tickets last week, but I've not received any answser yet.
Please, can you help me?

Thanks,

Luca

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Luca_Bellinzaghi said:

I've purchased NOD32 for Linux online by your site,
I've received your email with public ID, license key but not username/password requested to enable NOD32 updates.

Please check your personal messages.

I have just purchased a license for ESET Internet Security and have not received a user and password for this product so I can use it on Linux.

I only got one license key.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, unicorn said:

I have just purchased a license for ESET Internet Security and have not received a user and password for this product so I can use it on Linux.

I only got one license key.

I was able to find only a 1-month trial license registered with your forum email address. Please provide the license public ID.

I purchased the Nod32 license last week.  Received an email that showed license, username and license id, but no password.  I cannot activate it on my linux computer without the username / password combination.

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue.  I received a license key, a license ID, a username, but no password.  I found where one can convert a user/pass for a license key, but not the other way around.  I've sent an email to support (through the app).  Hoping maybe you can also send me mine.

Thanks.

I'm guessing my public license id is: 3AJ-PMK-43J (that's the only license ID I can find in the email)

Just curious as to why this is happening....there seems to be quite a few people experiencing this same issue.  If you guys know this is a issue, why is it not being addressed?  From what I understand you are converting from a User/Pass system to a License key system.  I'm guessing that the Linux version is a previous version that still requires the User/Pass, and the system has been updated to issue License keys....seems like something needs to be updated somewhere.

• Administrators

ESET NOD32 for Linux is a legacy product which is no longer being sold nor developed. It's in the limited support phase, ie. basically only module updates are guaranteed. For business users we have ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 which uses license keys for activation and can be managed via ESMC.

Alright, Marcos, thank you for the straight-talk.  Will the Linux desktop users ultimately have to either upgrade to the business edition or do you think the modules will continue to be updated for the foreseeable future?

I've come from using F-Prot for the last 3 yrs, and they announced an End-of-life of F-Prot for home use, as they are going to solely focus on business editions.

I'm seeing a trend among the Linux antivirus products that they are increasingly moving towards business users; I can completely understand that, because the revenue generated is much greater; probably there is also more demand as well.

I'd just like to know if you guys are planning on an End-of-life for the Linux Desktop as well in the near future, so that I can start researching what I'll do in a year once my license expires.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET NOD32 for Linux is a legacy product which is no longer being sold nor developed. It's in the limited support phase, ie. basically only module updates are guaranteed. For business users we have ESET Endpoint Antivirus v7 which uses license keys for activation and can be managed via ESMC.

It's absolutely and definitely still being sold on this page: https://www.eset.com/us/home/antivirus/ and you can buy a license for it which I did this morning. I downloaded it and installed it without issue until I ran into the same issue others in this topic have.

Nowhere at any time in the entire process did I see any indication of any kind that this a legacy product or that it only receives limited support.

So I'm afraid either you or the part of the site that takes our money, is not telling the truth for whatever reason - I'm assuming a misunderstanding.

If I could receive a username and password ASAP that would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

• Administrators

While v4 is a legacy products, users will continue to receive module updates. We are looking into offering an alternate fully supported product for existing users. More details to come within the next few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I also have purchased a license and i have registred it on my.eset.com

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux.

But i didnt receive any username or password only a licensekey.

So i have a license and a Public ID but when i try to activate it on Linux there is no licensekey to register on the program itself.

What to do?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Joakim said:

What to do?

Please check your forum private messages for your license details. Legacy products required a username and password to update.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please check your forum private messages for your license details. Legacy products required a username and password to update.

Thank you very much 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue.

I just purchased license for the ESET Internet Security, and I didn't get any password for that product so that I can use it with Linux.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ASHIQ said:

I have the same issue.

I just purchased license for the ESET Internet Security, and I didn't get any password for that product so that I can use it with Linux.

Please check your personal messages for your U/P.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, zeitue said:

I also purchased ESET just for the purpose of running it on my Linux machine and cannot find a password it requires

Please check your personal messages for your U/P.