No Internet access within 10min after startup

I am currently using ESET Internet security. After updating to a new version several days ago, I began to have almost no connection to the Internet within the first 10 minutes after turning on. I may experience the same sutuation during the use.

I noticed that whenever the conection is restricted, the small icon on the bottom right starts circling and says it is intializing a scan (may not be the exact word since I am using in another language). I also noticed that the scan always happens after I turned on my computer, but I found no pattern in the middle of my use.

I think it has something to do with startup scans after user login and module updates. What adjustments should I do to keep the scan from blocking my Internet?

• Administrators

Please carry on as advised here:https://forum.eset.com/topic/24746-av-is-blocking-loading-webpages

1, Download Procdump from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procdump
2, Temporarily disable self-defense in the HIPS setup and reboot the machine
3, Immediately after the reboot run Procdump as an administrator: "procdump -ma -e 1 -n 10 ekrn.exe" and wait until the issue occurs.

When the issue occurs, procdump should generate ekrn dumps. Please provide them to us.

I have the same problem. After 20 minutes all of my HTTP connections are lost. I cannot even save file to shared folders.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Ray116 said:

I have the same problem. After 20 minutes all of my HTTP connections are lost. I cannot even save file to shared folders.

As a temporary workaround you can disable 2 startup scan tasks in Scheduler and reboot the machine. After we release a new cleaner module (probably version 1212), re-enable the tasks for maximum protection.

In addition, the system became unresponsive and many programs do not starts until a restart takes place. Even once windows alerted that it is running in the test mode. I thought that I am infected with a virus. but uninstalling Eset solved my problem. I think the new updates have some problems.