Problems with Eset LiveGrid

Good evening, recently I was using Nod32 Internet Security, I registered a password and everything was fine, then the Eset LiveGrid module was deactivated, when I entered another license again (because my licence expired) Eset ask me if I wanted to activate the Eset LiveGrid, I accepted and got the message "the settings will apply after the next restart" and I turned off my pc The next day when I wanted to turn on my pc, I could not load the windows (I use the w7), it was a headache Could someone tell me what happened in my case? Thank you

• Administrators

What is the actual issue that you are facing? As long as you have the product activated with a valid license and have an Internet connection, LiveGrid should work alright and should not report any issues.

Maybe I was not clear, here I explain again ... when I put a license to my Eset Security the LiveGrid was deactivated, then my license expired and when I entered another key I detect that everything was fine, BUT the Eset asked me if I wanted to enable the LiveGrid, I accepted and I got that the changes would be made in the next reboot. when i rebooted my pc I can't load windows, i had to install everything again. My question is what could have happened with LiveGrid that has damaged my W7; At what level does LiveGrid work with windows 7,

Thanks for your time and your response

• Administrators

After enabling LiveGrid a computer restart is not needed. I assume the program updated to a newer version and asked you to reboot the machine. I must say that we haven't got any reports of such issue after a program update and further investigation would be needed to find out what exactly happened.

As for using Windows 7,  we would recommend upgrading to a fully supported operating system. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and by the time more and more vulnerabilities may be discovered in the OS which won't be patched and will pose security holes that could be potentially exploited by malware and attackers.

Below is a screen shot of what the Eset GUI shows when LiveGrid is disabled. Enabling it from that screen will cause a Win UAC prompt since Admin privileges are required.

If you received a screen popup requesting a system restart after enabling LiveGrid as noted above, I would say this was a bogus Eset alert; possibly malware related.

Eset_LiveGrid.thumb.png.075dd3e9714d6af675ff30d12538df59.png

I appreciate the last two answers, but then what would be the reason that after enabling LiveGrid, my pc would no longer load w7
That was my question, anyway

thank you very much :)

• Administrators

The issue would need to be investigated further. Just enabling LiveGrid cannot render your OS unusable since LiveGrid is basically just about getting additional metadata about files but LiveGrid itself doesn't touch files, registry or processes. Should you run into the issue again, we can help you investigate what happened and possibly even rule out ESET as the root cause.