Disable EPNS

We are currently evaluating ESET and have the demand from one of our customers to disable Wakeup-Call (EPNS). We were not able to find something in the policies to disable this unwanted "feature". Did we overlook anything or what are the ways to disable it. For cloud based protection this is possible.

Thanks for your help.

• Administrators

EPNS cannot be disabled. Do you know why the user demands it? Isn't it enough that they won't use the Wake-up call feature if they are not interested in it?

There is a permanent connection held open to a host outside the corporate network from every client for triggering actions on that client. This is something not being tolerated and I really can understand that point of view. This is even more senseless if your clients are on the same network segment as ESMC server. This should be configurable similar to cloud based feature. It seems that customer will choose a different product for this reason.

Cheers.

Maybe we can solve the problem by blocking it via firewall as it uses a dedicated port and host (have to see how to handle fallback via 443).

Nevertheless we have additional customers where I know this will be getting discussed.

From what I understand the ESET product is targeted also as an on premise product (you can choose). The problem is that there are customers which are explicity after an on premise solution and are very picky about connecting to cloud services. So far from what I understand all cloud features could be disabled (expect EPNS). Is that correct?

If ESET want to address those customers also they really should make EPNS an optional feature.

• Administrators