Built-in Policies missing

One of our clients is running a hosted ESMC 7. Here is the version info:

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.471.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.429.0)

For some reason, the list of Built-in Policies is empty. I have tried refreshing and clicking on Show Unassigned, but nothing shows (see screen below) Is it possible to restore these?

If not, can some of the original default policies (like Balanced) be downloaded and imported from somewhere?

eset_pol.png

• ESET Staff

Predefined policies are by default in access group "All", but from screenshots it is clear that different access group is selected, which might explain why those policies are not visible.

Thanks for the reply Martin. I have changed the the access group to several different options, and the list is never populated. It always shows empty.

If there are no policies defined or assigned at all, will the endpoint operate on some sort of default behavior? 

See additional screen below.

Untitled 5.png

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, stefanzman said:

Thanks for the reply Martin. I have changed the the access group to several different options, and the list is never populated. It always shows empty.

Is it possible that account used has no access to group All and thus is not able to see those policies? Is it possible to verify with global Administrator account whether policies are present? In case they were removed, it is possible to use installer repair to restore them, but I think that they were not removed, they are just not accessible to user.

In case policies are theree but just not accessible to specific user, administrator of ESMC can actually configure security model in a way that all users will have access to those policies or it it possible to clone policies into user's security space. Also it is possible to create custom policies or import them from other ESMC, but such policies will be considered as custom (user-created) and won't be updated with ESMC.

2 hours ago, stefanzman said:

If there are no policies defined or assigned at all, will the endpoint operate on some sort of default behavior? 

See additional screen below.

Untitled 5.png

Yes, endpoints will be using default configuration, just settings won't be enforced, so they might be changed locally.