Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit support

As you may or may not be aware, Linux, in general, is moving away from the 32-bit. Many Linux distros still offer 32-bit app support, but their releases are now 64-bit by default. And in some cases, 32-bit distro releases are a thing in the past.

I noticed ESET Nod32 Anti-Virus is a 32-bit application, and I am wondering if you plan on releasing a 64-bit application in the future? At the moment, I had to install more than a few 32-bit dependencies to launch your installer ( eset_nod32av_32bit_en.linux ).

I am thankful your installer stopped me from making what likely would have been a big mistake (see attached screenshot). And I am pleased to learn you do indeed have a 64-bit edition.

I would note, however, somewhere, and I'm sorry to say I cannot locate where, but somewhere there is a link on your site offering only the 32-bit download, which explains the initial confusion.

Screenshot from 2020-05-09 01-40-41.png

I purchased the 64-bit version for Linux. However it will not install. The installation program is looking for an application for *.linux. This installation is more trouble than what I feel it is worth. Do not buy. Beware!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, dlabutte said:

I purchased the 64-bit version for Linux. However it will not install. The installation program is looking for an application for *.linux. This installation is more trouble than what I feel it is worth. Do not buy. Beware!

Did you actually allow execution of the file?

image.png

See https://support.eset.com/en/kb2708-download-and-install-eset-nod32-antivirus-4-business-edition-for-linux-desktop-on-a-workstation, step 3.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, dlabutte said:

Open a terminal and run it through it , maybe before you need to give it permissions to run through CHMOD +x