• ESET Insiders

In my browsing of various forums I have discovered that Kaspersky is in the process of releasing a patch that includes a fix that relates to heartbleed because their product makes use of a vulnerable version of the OpenSSL library libeay32.dll. After discovering this I found that Norton products also contain such components to connect to their own servers. Does/did ESET make use of any of these OpenSSL libraries? I'm sure the risk is small but this has been promoted as a server only problem (maybe an Android problem) but I am coming to find that many other products use that dll on Windows machines including Adobe products and some security suites as mentioned. I'm wondering what the potential scope of this problem actually is.

As far as I know, ESET makes use of the certificate store within Windows to manage/detect SSL traffic, therefore wouldn't be affected to heartbleed.

• ESET Insiders

As far as I know, ESET makes use of the certificate store within Windows to manage/detect SSL traffic, therefore wouldn't be affected to heartbleed.

Sounds good. Is there a staff member that can verify this?

Sounds good. Is there a staff member that can verify this?

Bump.  :)

I'm sure there are more users that are wondering about this. 

Edited by SweX