Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salenai

Eset onlines scanner new update bugged it, it is unusable

Recommended Posts

I will also add this comment.

Your whole approach to malware protection is wrong. If whatever real-time AV solution you are using allows malware to install that is subsequently detected by Eset Online Scanner, something is wrong with that AV solution.

Purchase an Eset Internet Security license and you won't have to keep performing all these additional malware scanning activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Sorry for kinda resurrecting this, but I have the exact same problem that is described by the guy who opened this thread.

On my desktop computer, it starts fine.

On my laptop however, no.

Both are Windows 10 fully updated.

I have no other real-time security software except default Windows defender on both computers.

I used to have BitDefender on the laptop but uninstalled a week ago or so.

The contents of this location

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\ESET\ESETOnlineScanner

are

eos3ini.json
periodic_notify_scan.png
periodic_notify_upgrade.png

 

on both computers. I compared the json file from the desktop and from the laptop and there are 3 differences, long shot but maybe it has something to do with this?

Desktop computer (scanner works)

"PromoID":3,
"CTID":884,
"LangID":1033,


Laptop (scanner DOESN'T work)

"PromoID":0,
 "CTID":6808,
"LangID":1071,

 

Unfortunately I cannot say when this started because I haven't used ESET online scanner in God knows how many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for double post.

Looks like I was right. Editing the .json file on my laptop, and changing those 3 values, saving the file, running the .exe again, makes the scanner work.

It's probably a regional/locale/language problem and it's probably an easy fix.

Also considering there's a more widespread problem of the scanner not displaying some text that I keep reading about, please fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zivkov said:

Desktop computer (scanner works)

"PromoID":3,
"CTID":884,
"LangID":1033,


Laptop (scanner DOESN'T work)

"PromoID":0,
 "CTID":6808,
"LangID":1071,

Pretty sure language id 1033 is for English. Perhaps 1071 is for Greek?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itman said:

Pretty sure language id 1033 is for English. Perhaps 1071 is for Greek?

1071 is probably for Macedonian since I'm from Macedonia and any locale/language/region etc on my devices is either English or Macedonian.

It doesn't matter anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, itman said:

Correct. Ref.: https://www.science.co.il/language/Locale-codes.php

I didn't realize Macedonian was also a formal language.

It is. We have a dispute with both of our neighbors, Bulgaria on the east and Greece on the south.

Bulgaria doesn't recognize our language/nationality, Greece doesn't recognize our country name/nationality :D

They both kinda think we don't exist and we are either Bulgarians or Greeks...

For things to be more interesting, we used to be a part of Yugoslavia until it got disbanded in 1990/1991 and Yugoslavia consisted of: Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Slovenia and Macedonia :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...