Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Gains

Client not connected to ESMC

Recommended Posts

One of the client isn't connecting to the ESMC, and in trace log is generating errors : "No detected log filter or realm change" right before 4am. Status log shows no errors, modules are being updated regularly, and I checked the event viewer that shows nothing on the server that could be related to the problem I'm having. One thing I noticed is that there are trace log zip files generated every day before it stop connecting to the ESMC. ESET File Security v7.0 is currently on the client machine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please double check that status.log was generated recently, i.e. that it was updated no more than minute before current date on client machine? If not, it might indicate that ESMC Agent is not running correctly and thus data might be obsolete.

In case status.html log will show current data, please double check in console that there is no other device with the same name, i.e. duplicate.

Could you also check that AGENT is actually not connecting by performing some action, for example requesting exported configuration from client? In case it will be received in short time, problem might be only with connection time to be not refreshed correctly in that console, but this would most probably happen for all devices...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I double checked for duplicate and tasks on the client, and there's none. The status log was last updated over 24 hours ago, so that would mean the ESMC Agent isn't running correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case I would check trace.log, whether there are any signs of attempted startup (i.e. entries from current time). If there will be, please provide is log for analysis. In case there will be no entries, please check status of windows service (EraAgentSvc) and possibly try to start it. Also there might be more relevant errors in windows application log (event logs) in case service is not able to start.

Regarding reasons of why service might fail to start, it is is not very common, but it is possible that AGENT's database got broken (was there any power or disk failure recently?) or some dependency is no longer available, for example runtime libraries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking back in the trace logs, it looks like "No detected log filter or realm change" started to occur a couple months ago after we Update Product ESMC to v7.1.503.0 . I'm noticing these same trace logs in multiple machines when trying to upgrade the agents/applications even the ones that were successful and currently connected. On some machines, I tried to push out the tasks but it fails and that's when I checked the trace logs to find out I'm having the same errors across multiple machines.

I saw error 14 and connection fail in one of the trace logs right before it was getting the "No detected log filter or realm change" logs. I searched in the forums and someone said rebooting the appliance resolved their issue. I rebooted the appliance yesterday and I'm still receiving these errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...