[SOLVED] NOD32 13.0.24.0 on Win 10: can't keep ESET window open

carmik

7 minutes ago, carmik said:

Not sure if that would work. In my case, I could not "hold" the eset window long enough to even open the settings...

See the below screen. Note that I have the alert disabled.

Eset_License.thumb.png.ed5e1ad93aa1e02f54185345b0849747.png

What I meant is that in order to get to advanced setup, you must be able to open the eset application window; if you have this issue, you simply can't!

@carmik you can try a complete uninstall in save mode with the eset uninstaller. then install again and get into the settings.

on my pc, nod32 was working for ~10min after reinstalling.

@Marcos i work as IT Technican so im really interested why nod32 kills all programs and prevent it to start, when nod32 is crashed. the command line needs minutes to start and i just can send a ping to a host, but all other programs are offline.

this would be very interesting for me.

1 hour ago, NicoW said:

@carmik you can try a complete uninstall in save mode with the eset uninstaller. then install again and get into the settings.

on my pc, nod32 was working for ~10min after reinstalling.

Does the ESET uninstaller delete the c:\programdata\eset directory as well?

If I were to enter safe mode, I'd do so to eradicate the actual cause of the problem, ie the files residing under c:\programdata\eset\eset security\IPM

Perhaps the issue appears even on clean installations: upon execution of a license-expiring ESET app, c:\programdata\eset\eset security\IPM gets populated and causes the issue. In this case safe mode cleaning with the uninstaller won't help (since upon new installation the entire C:\programdata\eset directory will be re-created along with problematic IPM entries).

Suggestion: with nod32 already installed and the issue existing, enter safe mode, only to delete those files residing under IPM. Is the issue resolved in that scenario?

Edited by carmik

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please provide the files from the IPM folder.

Hoping that I've not deleted them yet, will do so in the evening. Ok to PM you a link to my MEGA share?

Just now, NicoW said:

@carmik the uninstall log says yes.

Expected so, then perhaps try the following:

4 minutes ago, carmik said:

Suggestion: with nod32 already installed and the issue existing, enter safe mode, only to delete those files residing under IPM. Is the issue resolved in that scenario?

• Administrators

Hoping that I've not deleted them yet, will do so in the evening. Ok to PM you a link to my MEGA share?

It doesn't matter how you provide the files. You can compress them and attach the archive to a personal message if you want.

i work as a IT professional and every day i have 3-5 customers who have the same problem. The Eset window disappears. On some computer its also causing a very high cpu usage. Please fix this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/12/2020 at 4:08 PM, amotec said:

i work as a IT professional and every day i have 3-5 customers who have the same problem. The Eset window disappears. On some computer its also causing a very high cpu usage. Please fix this!

It will be fixed in v13.1. As a workaround, you can delete the content of the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\IPM folder in safe mode.

• 3 weeks later...