EXTEND LICENSE

r4lv1

Hello!

I have bought a new licence for the Multi-Device Security to extend an existant licence. The old license is still valid for some days.
The new licence is bought from an online shop and not over ESET.

When I now choose the point 'add license' I wonder if this extend the lifetime of the existing license (what I want) or if it adds the licence for more devices ?

If this point adds more devices where can I find the point to extend the existing license?
Or must I really add the new license the day, the old is expired?

Ralph

• Administrators

Since you didn't purchase a renewal but a new license, your existing license will not be extended. Instead, you could use the new license. I assume it should be possible to refund the price for the license and purchase a renewal instead when due. Please contact ESET Germany or the seller for more information.

Thanks for your answer even I don't like what I reading since a new licence is cheaper than the renewal Eset offers me direct.

With Office365 a.e. it is no problem at a all to buy a new licence and add to my account. The new licence went active when the old is extended. So you can buy the new licence at any time.

Edited by r4lv1

It all depends on the AV vendor.

Some will add existing license time to new license regardless of source of purchase. Some will only do so when the renewal is done directly from the AV vendor. In the case of the later, most just wait till a day of so prior to expiration of existing license to change to the new license.

Appears Eset has changed the license upgrade processing in that new license validity checking can be performed w/o actually upgrading to the new license.

Edited by itman

Okay I deal with it %&/§$/$/$/**.

After the old license ends yesterday I want to switch to new licence and add it under my.eset.com

But when I try to add the new license number to my account under my.eset.com I get the notice that the license number is not valid.

What a ing nightmare does ESET with his customer?

• Administrators

Did you purchase a boxed version? If so, they have an activation code in the box that needs to be entered on the activation web page and after filling in registration details you'd get a license key by email.

Please drop me a personal message with the code you have so that I can tell you how to carry on.