Spotify started opening on startup ?

Tio

Hey people , today Spotify opened when I started my laptop/win10. Just wanted to ask if this ever happened to anyone of you guys ? And what could cause this ? I never installed spotify on my laptop. 

Edited by Tio

Hey itman, thank you for the answer. 

I guess it was installed on my laptop, but just yesterday it did start upon when I started my laptop. I read somewhere that this might be caused when the app is updated or something, it is after all "Spotify" should be nothing shady about it ? Whats is your opinion on it ? 

6 minutes ago, Tio said:

Whats is your opinion on it ? 

Per the link I posted, it appears to be Microsoft supported software:

As a quick reminder, Microsoft killed Groove Music a while ago and replaced it with Spotify.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, Tio said:

Just out of curiosity has this ever happened to any others ? 

Not with spotify but I remember when windows installed candy crush without user consent. You should be easily able to uninstall spotify or if you wish to keep it disable it from startup

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, peteyt said:

Not with spotify but I remember when windows installed candy crush without user consent. You should be easily able to uninstall spotify or if you wish to keep it disable it from startup

OneDrive , Candy Crush and the other games , Skype , It seems now also Spotify , all of these are automatically installed , even though you uninstall them , Windows does wait a little bit of time to try again to download it.