Notification

Notification badge on my lock screen and on my notification bar is missing and my anti theft codes don't work, I can see that the app is inataled in system settings and when I try to re install via the apk file it says there's already a version inst which I already know, is this a known issue? 

• Administrators

Not sure what notification badge you're referring to, I have none with EMS installed. Are you able to log it to my.eset.com with the same credentials that you entered in EMS when enabling "Web portal" in the Anti-Theft setup?

• Administrators

The notification on the lock screen appears only after turning on or restarting the phone when Android starts up. I don't have any notification icon either. If you think this is not correct, you can contact customer care via the built-in form so that they receive logs from your device for perusal.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, Marcos said:

The notification on the lock screen appears only after turning on or restarting the phone when Android starts up. I don't have any notification icon either. If you think this is not correct, you can contact customer care via the built-in form so that they receive logs from your device for perusal.

I've always thought having the icon in the top left all the time as an option would be great, partly because it may reassure users eset is running and thus protecting the user. Not sure if there is a feedback/suggestion area for mobile. Maybe there should be a future changes bit at the top of this sub forum such as the ones used on some of the other sub forums such as internet security, nod32 etc.

• Administrators

I recall it's a matter of Android and we cannot influence it. The best would be to create a support ticket using the built-in form in order to get a statement from developers.

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Marcos said:

I recall it's a matter of Android and we cannot influence it. The best would be to create a support ticket using the built-in form in order to get a statement from developers.

I know an alarm app I use has an icon in the left hand side when an alarm is set as seen in the included screenshot. So I wonder if there would be a way to have eset always there as an option or is this different because eset is always running.

As also shown in my screenshot eset currently has an icon on the left hand side as I am using unsecured Wifi (my works public wifi). So eset can show an icon in the left hand side just don't know if it can be implented to always be there

20191217_192725.jpg