So I've been having this problem for a while. When I'm trying to host a game my pals are never able to join or find that there is a session in progress, I'm fairly certain that it's eset that is blocking my friends from being able to connect to my server. Is there anybody that has any input on how I can solve this issue? Even when using a program such as Hamachi and we try to play on LAN they can't connect

Edit: add more info

Edited by rauskijr

• Administrators

You will need to create a permissive rule in the firewall. In automatic mode, all outgoing communication is allowed but all non-initiated incoming communication is blocked. You can run the firewall troubleshooting wizard and allow the desired recently blocked communication and then generalize the rule so that it's not bound to just one remote IP address.

Thanks for the reply, I did as you suggested and also tried interactive mode to see all things that were trying to get access. It didn't work 😕 I don't know if it's something on my end or my pal

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, rauskijr said:

Thanks for the reply, I did as you suggested and also tried interactive mode to see all things that were trying to get access. It didn't work 😕 I don't know if it's something on my end or my pal

Have you went into network protection in the setup area and clicked the troubleshoot wizard to see if there is anything being blocked as it will allow you to unblock it from there?

• Administrators

Does the problem go away after temporarily pausing the firewall? If so, the following should help us determine the missing firewall rule:
1, Under Help and support -> Details for customer care, enable advanced logging
2, Reboot the machine
3, Have a friend connect to the machine. If the connection is blocked by the firewall, disable advanced logging.
4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Have you properly configured your router? Standard procedure for game use is a port has to be opened on the WAN side of the router to allow access to your server. This is commonly referred to as a "pinhole." Many routers have preset settings for commonly used games that can be deployed. Check with the game manufacturer. Many have guidelines on how to configure the router for its game use.

Note also that opening of any port on the router border edge is considered a security vulnerability.

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, itman said:

Have you properly configured your router? Standard procedure for game use is a port has to be opened on the WAN side of the router to allow access to your server. This is commonly referred to as a "pinhole." Many routers have preset settings for commonly used games that can be deployed. Check with the game manufacturer. Many have guidelines on how to configure the router for its game use.

Note also that opening of any port on the router border edge is considered a security vulnerability.

I was going to post the same , you should also portforward from your router to your PC from your router settings  so you would only open this port only for your PC/server that hosts the game , and then you will need to open the same port for the application in ESET in your Windows and then probably should work fine.

Edited by Rami