Endpoint Security User schedule task

Otrebor

Hi,

I have just started to administrate a WS 2012 R2 which is used for remote desktop connections. The system has an Eset Endpoint Antivirus that works great but I have a problem that can't solve.

At admin remote desktop, I saw there was a schedule to start a scan just when an user log on. Every user start an own scan just when they log on.

I have changed the schedule from the admin remote desktop in order to change the scan and force it at 3.00AM. But it don't happens. If I log in the system, a scan starts. How can I change it?

Thanks a lot

Otrebor

• Administrators

First of all, make sure that you have ESET File Security 7.1 installed on the server. ESET Endpoint Antivirus is intended for endpoints (desktop machines). Also did you try to delete the scan scan task and create it from scratch directly in the EFSW Scheduler, ie. not via ESMC? If that doesn't make any difference, please raise a support ticket with your local customer care.

1 hour ago, Otrebor said:

At admin remote desktop, I saw there was a schedule to start a scan just when an user log on. Every user start an own scan just when they log on.

If you are referring to the default scheduled scan at user logon time, I would leave the parameters for that scan alone. It should run as originally setup. It will only scan system areas vulnerable to malware that runs at logon time and only runs for a few seconds at most.