ESET Internet Security 12 Sound Signals Missing.

Hello, I have this problem: the sound of completing the scan does not play, although the sounds in the settings are turned on. This bug first appeared a year ago on ESS5. After switching to EIS12, this bug was preserved. Before installing the new 12 version, I deleted the old one using EsetUninstaller and cleaned the registry, files and folders. System sounds are active and working. But the antivirus does not play sounds. Please help me solve this problem and return the sounds.😊

• Administrators

No problems here, v12.2.23 generates a sound signal when an on-demand scan has completed.

Make sure that the event "Asterisk" has a sound assigned in the system sound setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've tested it and it worked. Moreover, nobody else has reported issues with sound signals either. You can try creating a Procmon log from scanning a single file and I'll check it out then.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:59 AM, SergeyStrelnikov said:

Hello, I have this problem: the sound of completing the scan does not play, although the sounds in the settings are turned on. This bug first appeared a year ago on ESS5. After switching to EIS12, this bug was preserved. Before installing the new 12 version, I deleted the old one using EsetUninstaller and cleaned the registry, files and folders. System sounds are active and working. But the antivirus does not play sounds. Please help me solve this problem and return the sounds.😊

I can't believe no one else has sound signaled in so to speak about this issue, Ive been periodically coming here for the past year to check for this issue and this post is actually the reason why I registered here, and by the number of views this post has I would think there are others with this problem but ...? maybe just not enough people or problem for others to register and speak up ??? there just can't be only two of us, I am using ESS Premium and have been using ESS for years on my old win 7 64 bit comp.

Individuals having this issue need to supply other pertinent system details such as Win OS ver. and release used.

For example, it could be only Win 7 uses are having this issue. As I recollect, I was always having Win 7 sound issues non-withstanding  this Eset sound issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally figured out this bug. The reason is not the antivirus. The reason is either in the absence or damage of some Explorer registry keys. Using the “Windows” image to start the “Repair-Install” procedure helped me return the antivirus sounds. So I think that the topic is closed. Unless someone else needs her. And thanks for the answers.😊