Modules not updated

Hello,

In ESMC, one server is reporting modules not updated:

image.thumb.png.f4ba494e5fc7306ec1c036e5fa02e191.png

But when I login to remote server, ESET is resporting that everythnig is fine:

image.png.8a00c39dc627d739df982ccab8ab33c7.png

Why is not module status updated in ESMC?

Thanks,

VP

• Administrators

Please click on "Not updated", take a screen shot of the screen and post it. Maybe it's agent that doesn't have the modules updated.

• Administrators

It obviously comes from our security product, not from agent. Please expand the column "Problem detail" to get the whole message. If you check the event log of the client, there will be probably more records about recent module updates failing.

image.thumb.png.71a561016af5fde1606eb969a792f0cd.png

image.thumb.png.c159cc0b918da90e92d71750d3d4a5c4.png

There was problem with disk space yesterday, but now plenty of space is available on system disk...

image.png

• ESET Staff

What might help is to restart the machine (as restarting of the ESMC agent service is not possible). If that does not help, we will need to investigate why the data fails to replicate correctly, and the record is stalled (you see it was reported on August 27, but is not gone day after). 

Yes, after restart problem with modules disappeared. ESMC agent is also reporting information about free space on system disk correctly now (via dynamic group).

• ESET Staff

I will check with the development team, about what is the interval this information is shared between the agent / server. AFAIK some of the information is replicated only every 24 hours, which might be the cause. I will track a bug in that case, as it should replicate upon every significant change. 

It was more then 24h after freeing up space on system disk and ESMC still reported modules update failed...

• ESET Staff

I have discussed this with development team. They suggest that you report this as a customer care ticket in case this issue happens again. Just to prevent any misunderstanding, how are the following settings configured on your Endpoint: 

- Update / Basic / Outdated Detection Engine Alerts / Database Age (what is the configured value?) 

- User Interface /  User Interface Elements / Statuses / Application Statuses / Update (information about product being not out of date). 

If they are both kept in defaults, we will try to analyze it internally whether they are any implementation hiccups.