Blank screen when pressing F5. Cannot launch scanning either...

I'm experiencing difficulty accessing any settings at all (including F5). There is a blank screen displayed all the time. 

I cannot scan drives for viruses either. All the services seem to be running. 

1.png

2.png

On 8/20/2019 at 11:14 PM, Marcos said:

To start off, please run ESET Log Collector, collect logs and upload the generated archive here.

here you go.

Edited by Hypnorino

• Administrators

You are using an unsupported operating system:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (64-bit), 10.0.18956 (aka 20H1)

Windows 10 20H1 will be fully supported when its final version becomes available. With future IP versions of 20H1 Microsoft will revert a change they've made recently and ESET should work with it again.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Hypnorino said:

Wow, what a useless support forum ever. I guess case closed unsolved.

The best way is always to create a support ticket

• 2 weeks later...

And...It is still broken in build 18970. Once again, after the 18970 update, I did the whole uninstall / run the uninstaller executable in safe mode / reinstall routine.  I can't pause a startup scan, can't initiate a new scan, can't access logs, can't access ANY configuration screen, can't back up or restore settings, and can't even tell ESET to get on the pre-release update (in case that happens to fix this) because the Advanced Settings window is blank.  So because ESET is completely uncontrollable, I have uninstalled it.  *sigh* 

How can we find out when ESET and WIndows are playing well together again?  Aside from doing another round of installing, that is? 

Oh...I forgot to add...I created a support ticket for this issue a couple weeks ago. The response: You are running the Insider Preview, so that's too bad.  DOH. lol   I was offering to help ESET, but with that response, I doubt my feedback and willingness to help got back to anyone that might have needed to know about this.

Edited by JMBunch

• Administrators

If there's a problem with particular builds of Windows 10 Insider Preview, one cannot blame ESET for issues. If it's a new feature of Windows 10 that is causing issues, we need some time to adapt to the changes. It also happens that Microsoft introduces new bugs with new IP builds that prevent AVs from working with it. In this case Microsoft needs to fix it first and create a new IP build with the fix. It's Microsoft's turn now, we too are waiting for a new IP build with recent changes in the OS reverted where ESET will work.

With Insider Preview builds, one must count with that the system and applications will not work 100%. IP builds should not be installed on production systems or on systems where you expect 100% stability and functionality.