Run a single OS command task in ECA for computers with different driveletters?

I would like to run a command for all of our Windows 10 computers in our network in a single task with ECA. But we have some old computers in our network that has been upgraded to Win 10 but doesn't run the OS from drive letter C for some reason.

I'm currently testing this on my workstation but the command fails in ECA when setting working directory to %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 and works in ECA when setting working directory to C:\WINDOWS\System32 .

Am I doing wrong or do i have to access every computer to find out the drive letter and create individual commands?

• Administrators

That's weird since the %SystemRoot% variable expands alright under the local system account according to my test:

image.png

• ESET Staff

There is unfortunately no support for expanding environment variables when used in working directory.

My recommendation is to concatenate multiple commands, where first command will actually change working directory if required for other ones. Expanding variables works correctly for command definition.

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

There is unfortunately no support for expanding environment variables when used in working directory.

My recommendation is to concatenate multiple commands, where first command will actually change working directory if required for other ones. Expanding variables works correctly for command definition.

OK. Thanks for the info.