Check virus warning

Sammo

Every time I boot my computer this notification shows up after about 5 minutes. I can verify that Eset is indeed working just fine but it is really annoying anyway.

check-virus.png

• Administrators

Do you see ESET Security registered in the Windows Security Center? Have you tried uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version 12.2.23 from scratch?

image.png

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, Sammo said:

Every time I boot my computer this notification shows up after about 5 minutes. I can verify that Eset is indeed working just fine but it is really annoying anyway.

check-virus.png

Are you using HDD or SSD ? , sometimes it takes a little bit for Windows to detect that ESET is running.

Edited by Rami

This is a long known Win 10 issue caused by Windows Security Center not properly initializing and the issue has nothing to do with Eset being installed. It has manifested when Windows Defender was the only AV installed.

This old fix shown below appears to be no longer available since Microsoft has locked down these service settings in later Win 10 versions. The same could possibility be done by modifying the associated service start value setting in the Registry. But, that also might be locked down.

To make this change:

Type "services.msc" (without the quotes) in the search bar

1. Scroll down the list of services to find "Security Center" and double-click on it
  2. Change the Startup type setting to "Automatic" and hit "OK"
  3. Close the services window
  4. Re-start the machine to test

https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/10870-notification-turn-virus-protection-evey-time-windows-starts-2.html?s=c70845790774c82707e65190c1c80343

What you might try doing is uninstalling Eset and see if the alert disappears with only Windows Defender running. If so, then reinstall Eset and hopefully the issue is resolved.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

But as far as I know that Security Center will detect ESET after few minutes of trying , it happens to me daily.

When I open Security Center it does show Eset as active. As long as it's working is all that really matters. Just a bit annoying though.

6 hours ago, itman said:

This is a long known Win 10 issue caused by Windows Security Center not properly initializing and the issue has nothing to do with Eset being installed. It has manifested when Windows Defender was the only AV installed.

This old fix shown below appears to be no longer available since Microsoft has locked down these service settings in later Win 10 versions. The same could possibility be done by modifying the associated service start value setting in the Registry. But, that also might be locked down.

https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/10870-notification-turn-virus-protection-evey-time-windows-starts-2.html?s=c70845790774c82707e65190c1c80343

What you might try doing is uninstalling Eset and see if the alert disappears with only Windows Defender running. If so, then reinstall Eset and hopefully the issue is resolved.

It's now grayed out by Microsoft, but it is set at Automatic (delayed start).

You're not following what I posted. There is something wrong with the initialization processing of Win 10 Windows Security Center.

Your choices? Do as I suggested or live with the popup notification.

Edited by itman

I'll probably just live with the issue. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Eset. Didn't make a difference. As for the Security Center service startup, it can't be changed anymore because it is greyed out. Damn Microsoft! 😀