Whats is the Password Manager Installer

Dear All,

I have updated the EIS to version 12.2.23.0 and after two days I receive the '"Passwordmanagerinstaller" in my EIS as per screen shot attached. The question is for what is this installer? as I didn't seen in the menu setting in my EIS.

Please inform.

Password Manager Installer.jpg

8 minutes ago, HANDJOJO said:

Dear All,

I have updated the EIS to version 12.2.23.0 and after two days I receive the '"Passwordmanagerinstaller" in my EIS as per screen shot attached. The question is for what is this installer? as I didn't seen in the menu setting in my EIS.

Please inform.

Password Manager Installer.jpg

Just in a minute after I finish this report and then check Update my EIS I receive the information about two kinds of update are: ESET Password Manager & Secure Data and after click on Update Now, the repeat process "PasswordManagerInstaller again as per screen shot attach.

Please inform this is normal or something bug in EIS version 12.2.23.0 ?

Awaiting the information.

Regards,

732594819_RepeatUpdateInformation.thumb.jpg.48963dcbbce42ea545bf8e18716799a4.jpg

Repeat Progress PasswordManagerInstaller.jpg

2 minutes ago, HANDJOJO said:

Just in a minute after I finish this report and then check Update my EIS I receive the information about two kinds of update are: ESET Password Manager & Secure Data and after click on Update Now, the repeat process "PasswordManagerInstaller again as per screen shot attach.

Please inform this is normal or something bug in EIS version 12.2.23.0 ?

Regards,

732594819_RepeatUpdateInformation.thumb.jpg.48963dcbbce42ea545bf8e18716799a4.jpg

Repeat Progress PasswordManagerInstaller.jpg

And also receive the "DesclockInstaller" as per attach screen shot.

Desclock Installer.jpg

• ESET Insiders

I had the same problem as you some time back. A complete uninstall and install from scratch resolved it.

1 hour ago, stackz said:

I had the same problem as you some time back. A complete uninstall and install from scratch resolved it.

The question is whether these installer are the parts of the new EIS 12.2.23.0?

Maybe from ESET Moderator can explain about these.

Best regards,

Actually, Eset Smart Security components are installed in Internet Security version but are not activated.

I actually have a Smart Security license but opted instead to install Internet Security since I have no need for the encryption of password manager features of Smart Security. So if anyone should be seeing the abnormal updating activity you posted, it should be me. Such is not the case.

I agree that it appears your current Internet Security installation is probably borked and an uninstall/reinstall should fix it. You could also try a repair install first and see if that resolves the updating issue.

Edited by itman

25 minutes ago, itman said:

Actually, Eset Smart Security components are installed in Internet Security version but are not activated.

I actually have a Smart Security license but opted instead to install Internet Security since I have no need for the encryption of password manager features of Smart Security. So if anyone should be seeing the abnormal updating activity you posted, it should be me. Such is not the case.

I agree that it appears your current Internet Security installation is probably borked and an uninstall/reinstall should fix it. You could also try a repair install first and see if that resolves the updating issue.

If I not wrong the Password Manager (powered by Deslock) is the feature of Eset Smart Security not of the feature of Eset Internet Security as the premium feature, therefore it's strange my Eset Internet Security download the PasswordManagerinstaller dan DeslockInstaller.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

If I not wrong the Password Manager (powered by Deslock) is the feature of Eset Smart Security not of the feature of Eset Internet Security as the premium feature, therefore it's strange my Eset Internet Security download the PasswordManagerinstaller dan DeslockInstaller.

Eset smart security no longer exists just eset internet security and internet security premium with premium having the password manager and data encryption part. Possibly eset has the stuff there but deactivated for the not premium version but a clean install may fix this as mentioned by otbers

10 hours ago, peteyt said:

Eset smart security no longer exists just eset internet security and internet security premium with premium having the password manager and data encryption part. Possibly eset has the stuff there but deactivated for the not premium version but a clean install may fix this as mentioned by otbers

Thanks Peteyt for your information, I have clean uninstalled use uninstaller then re-install the EIS 12.2.23.0, however still leave a bug in installer there something bug in User Interface Menu, I will report it due inconsistent compare with the User Guide.

B/regards,