Prevent authentication to foreign networks

Hello,

Has anyone had any success blocking foreign networks via ESET?

I am trying to have ESET block the computer from joining/authenticating to a 3rd party foreign wireless and wired network.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

1 hour ago, vs2018sv said:

I am trying to have ESET block the computer from joining/authenticating to a 3rd party foreign wireless and wired network.

Don't know quite what you mean here.

By default, Eset Network Protection will only connect to the Network's gateway device if using the Public profile. Or and additionally,  other devices within the local network if using the Private profile.

The gateway reference here is usually a router. Once communication reaches the router, it is 100% under its control from that point on.

6 minutes ago, itman said:

Don't know quite what you mean here.

By default, Eset Network Protection will only connect to the Network's gateway device if using the Public profile. Or and additionally,  other devices within the local network if using the Private profile.

The gateway reference here is usually a router. Once communication reaches the router, it is 100% under its control from that point on.

I would like to be able to prevent my computer from being able to authenticate to any other network then the one I am currently connected to.

Example. I am on a 10.40.5.x subnet (Network IP scheme).

If I were to bring my computer home, and tried to connect to my home network (192.168.x.x), I would like this to be blocked.

Looking to only allow this machine to connect to the 10.40.5.x network.

currently, I can join any wireless network and ESET has no issues.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Thanks