Update Error

Go to solution Solved by BrokenDobro,

Thanks Tomface and moderators.

Will check out the knowledge base.  Also I can manually get updates no problem and the error thing goes away.

It seems like when an auto update happens, that's when the error happens.  No big deal, I can manually update

if that's what it takes. 

~Verne~

• Administrators

If you leave the computer running for more than 60 minutes, does the error occur even after the second attempt to update automatically? If it occurs only when Windows is starting, it could be that no Internet connection is established at the moment ESS attempts to update.

Hi Marcos,

I have no idea about the second attempt etc...when it does occur is when I have put the computer to sleep and come back maybe a couple of hours later and open ESET GUI, that's when I see the error.

In other words it looks like ESET is trying an auto update while the computer is in the SLEEP mode and cannot make an internet

connection.  Note that I have no problem connecting to the Internet at any time.

I cleaned the Cache/Rebooted/reentered my username and password, so will wait and see what happens in the next few hours!

Thanks for all your help.

~Verne~

Hello Verne,

It may indeed be as well that its trying to update before your network connection has initialized from sleep mode.

Try changing the options described in my screen shot to see if it helps rid yourself of the error. :)

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

post-1101-0-04882300-1393538560_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Hi Arakasi,

I think that would work...I tried finding that link, but BBQ time in BC is now..

I remember seeing that panel and will try and find it...thank you very much for that link..meanwhile I am still

getting the same thing when an update comes but it is no big deal... AVAST was away worst... thanks!

~Verne~