karlmikaeloskar

Change in 10.14.5 kernel extension handling

Hello @karlmikaeloskar

we are of course preparing to cope with this new macOS requirement.

In the tracking system I already saw that we have an internal build ready to test the notarization.

Regards, Peter

I'm wondering whether Apple's new notarization was implemented starting in 10.14.5 Beta 2. Since installing that version of macOS, ESET Cyber Security Pro 6.7.555.0 has been displaying the message that, "System extensions needed by ESET Cyber Security Pro were blocked by macOS" and that I need to allow apps from ESET in System Preferences. However, when I go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General, it doesn't display a message asking to allow apps from ESET.

I didn't have this issue with the same version of ESET Cyber Security Pro under 10.14.5 Beta 1.

Additionally, the Console notes the following each time the ESET warning appears: "esets[273]: error[01110000]: ESET Daemon: Command kextload failed. 'com.eset.kext.esets-pfw' error:0x00". Note that the numbers in brackets vary.

Disabling System Integrity Protection allows ESET Cyber Security Pro to run without a problem under 10.14.5 Beta 2; however, disabling SIP isn't a good idea in terms of system security.

If notarization is the cause of the issue, then access to the internal ESET build that Peter Randziak mentions would be helpful.

-- David

On 4/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, Peter Randziak said:

we have an internal build ready to test

Any build available to test?