Upgrade ERA 6.x to 7.x and then clients?

Guest sindbad

Guest sindbad

Hi all,

I want to upgrade the ERA to version 7.x. I have the era deployed on my very own windows server 2012r2.

I do have a lot of machines, of different companies, all windows. Windows 7, 10 and server 2012/2016. They have version 6.x eset endpoint security and the agent as well. 

Do I have to upgrade the ERA first and then send the task to all machines. Or do I have to send the task and then later on the ERA upgrade?

thank you

Edit: I started with the ERA, I have it up to date now and all working fine, so far I see. The GUI looks better.

Can anyone tells me if the below information is the latest and correct now?

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.0 (7.0.577.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.0 (7.0.429.0)

Update module    1070 (20170615)
Translation support module    1708 (20180911)
Configuration module    1663.13 (20180709)
SysInspector module    1267 (20170307)
SSL module    1027 (20180404)
Push Notification Service module    1045 (20180410)

Edit2: I pushed an update of the ESET Endpoints, it's working. I pushed an update of  the ESET remote administrator agent, it's not updating.

Era agent: 6.5.522

How to fix that?

Edited by sindbad

• ESET Staff

Hello,

What do you mean by "agents are not updating"?
Did you use "ESET Security Management Component Upgrade task" for that?
If you check the task progress, what is reported as "trace message" in task failure?

Edited by MichalJ

Guest sindbad

@MichalJ I had to update it through the eset security management component task. That did it correctly. 

But why do we have an option, on each computer, to push an update of the era agent or the eset product. Eset product update goes good. Era agent does not. I have to do it through the eset security management component. 

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, sindbad said:

@MichalJ I had to update it through the eset security management component task. That did it correctly. 

But why do we have an option, on each computer, to push an update of the era agent or the eset product. Eset product update goes good. Era agent does not. I have to do it through the eset security management component. 

There are technical differences when upgrading AGENT in comparison to installing other software. When upgrading AGENT, proper version is selected based on "compatibility" table instead of user's selections and self-upgrade of AGENT uses completely different mechanisms -> that is why different task type was used.

Guest sindbad

Ok. But like this right now its not user friendly! 

What is happening now:

when clicking on update era agent, eset tells me to select the file. I do select and then I wait, nothing happens. Why? Because I have to do it through a task. 

What eset should do:

When clicking on update era agent, eset should give a popup that I have to do it through a task. 

That is much more friendly.