Error on install "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file"

hayuitsme

Hi Everyone,
I'm Running Win 7

My license expired a few weeks ago, so I just bought a new license and downloaded the installer.

When I tried to uninstall the old version, I had problems, so I downladed the uninstaller and ran it in safe mode, removed the old version (as admin) rebooted into normal mode.

Tried to install new version as admin, but get the following error

antivirus_live_installer.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

I ran a malware scan, and cleaned a few files, re-ran the uninstaller (it found nothing)

Tried running installer again, same error.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Scott

Hello hayuitsme and wellcome...

If the good advice from my good friend Arakasi fails, then try to take a peek on this article from Microsoft support: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file

Regards Janus...

• 1 year later...
The error Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file may occur for the one of the following reasons.

Your antivirus may blocked the file if it is considered as malicious file.

The file is may be downloaded partially or not completely downloaded.

The file might be encrypted which prevents you to access the file from another system.The better idea is to install the digital computer from the source computer to the destination computer.