Supress network detcetion prompts

I've just moved from SCEP and I'm testing ESET. I've found when ESET launches it prompts displaying networks that its found.

I wouldn't want this prompt to be displayed in labs, is there a way for this to be suppressed?

931194920_Esetnetworkprompt.png.b71f8b2ddfbd7827ba8f2b5e3a3587f7.png

• 1 month later...

Hi @AlSimmons

Actually there is no option how to directly suppress these alert windows in GUI. 

From your post however, Im wondering if you can resolve this by configuring a proper Zone in the EES/ECSP application itself: 

in the application, go to Settings / Firewall / Rules and Zones

Here, you can set up a specific network rule to be applied according to parameters you specify; this can be network range, ip addresses, specific interface type and so on. 

Try this.

The below screen shot is for EIS. I believe there is a like setting in ESS. Disable; i.e. uncheck mark, "Notify about newly discovered network devices."

Eset_Network.thumb.png.f7a1b533d3c09a829e4954b4dd01d1e3.png

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, itman said:

Try this.

The below screen shot is for EIS. I believe there is a like setting in ESS. Disable; i.e. uncheck mark, "Notify about newly discovered network devices."

Products for Mac and Windows are completely different and settings do not match with each other. On Mac there is no such option.