Deploying EES to MacOS via ERA

I can't seem to find any info on this and it doesn't seem to want to work.

ERA server is version 6.5.522.

Mac notebook is version macOS Mojave 10.14.1.

The ERA Agent has been installed and is reporting back to the ERA server as expected.

I've created a Client Task to install EES v6.7.500.0 but it's not doing anything. It's not running, hasn't failed. Just doesn't appear to have started. Trigger is set to As soon as possible.

Help please :)

So after leaving it for about an hour I did a restart of the mac and the install kicked off straight away after the computer restarted.

So no idea why it needed the restart to kick it off. I was connected to the MacBook via TeamViewer to monitor the install, but I can't imagine that was blocking it.

I reconnected via TeamViewer after the restart, luckily as the install prompted to allow access to System Preferences and the hard drive for scanning. Is there any way to script this into the Client Task install so these are set automatically? Makes remote deployment a lot more complicated than with Windows.

• ESET Staff

Could you please check system logs on client machine and check there is something similar to this?:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): Caller specified a plist with bad ownership/permissions: path = /Applications/ESET Remote Administrator Agent.app/Contents/Resources/com.eset.remoteadministrator.restart_agent.plist

We are currently investigating issue that has the same symptoms. After installation of product, AGENT should restart itself to enable plugin enabling it to communicate with product, and this fails. It results in state where product is already installed, running, but it is not managed until reboot. It also prevents AGENT from performing post-installation activation. For now it seems that restart stopped working with latest macOS release.