Asus RT-N66W slow admin page.

tonyr6

I noticed that NOD32 is really slowing down the admin page on my router.  I have to sometime reload it to get it to fully load.  I also tried to add a execption but it did not work.  If I go to the secure admin page it loads fine.

Same here with an asus RT-ac66u

Fixed it by adding to list of address's excluded from scanning

Well half fixed it. Sometimes the pages are still slow to load.

Edited by The PIT

Same here with an asus RT-ac66u

Fixed it by adding to list of address's excluded from scanning

Well half fixed it. Sometimes the pages are still slow to load.

I found that adding the router's address under Web and Email->Protocol filtering->Excluded IP addresses->Add IPV4 address->Single Address->192.168.1.1 completely fixed the issue for me.

I have sent numerous traces to Eset and received promises they'd follow up, but to date there has been none. I suspect there are simply bigger fish to fry, especially as there is such a simple workaround. I still hold out hope that Eset will get around to  looking at this on that rainy day when there's nothing better to do. This is definitely a new behavior in V7. I discovered this problem back when I first installed the V7 beta. Reverting to V6 made it go away. I reported it back then and hoped it would be fixed before V7 was shipped. Alas, it was not to be.

--

bc

• Administrators

We ordered an Asus router some time ago and waiting for delivery. If we're able to reproduce the problem, we should be able to debug it and possibly make a fix.