ESET Livegrid not reachable

Robindr

Goodmorning,

Since yesterday my Endpoint Antivirus is giving the message "ESET LiveGrid not accessible"
I haven't found any information regarding network related issues. Is there anything wrong ?

Regards,

Robin

eset.JPG

Also i am not able to update the software for 2 days now:

eset2.JPG

Edited by Robindr

• Administrators

Please make sure that you have proxy server set up correctly in the advanced setup -> tools -> proxy server.

If that's not an issue, check https://support.eset.com/kb332/ for a list of addresses and ports that need to be allowed on a firewall in order for Endpoint to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem on some (now 2) machines..... Checked everything. seems to be OK, but still the problem. On one machine (with internet connectivity) I disabled the firewall, then it worked. But the other one has no Internet connection, so disabling the firewall gave no solution.

CU

Edited by TomTomTom

We rebooted the ESMC server and the issue was resolved.  In the client logs the problem seemed to start with the updated Detection Engine version 18466.  After the server reboot the detection engine was updated to version 18468.  At the same time the problem resolved itself.   Don't know if the two events are related.  I appreciate your quick response Marcos. 

• Administrators

The ESMC server has nothing to do with Endpoint's communication with LiveGrid servers and restarting the ESMC server cannot affect it in any way. I rather suspect that the server got into a state when it stopped accepting replication attempts from agents for some reason. Should you run into the issue again, check if a troublesome machine has recently connected to the ESMC server.

• Administrators

You can temporarily set logging verbosity to diagnostic on the client and in case the issue returns, check the ESET event log for more details about the failure.

• ESET Staff

Hello,
@TomTomTom and @IT-KAV

As @Marcos pointed, what you do and mention is a "workaround" not the solution for the problem.

In order to find the root of the problem and find a permanent solution, we need logs to investigate. Please increase the verbosity of the logs and wait for the issue to reappear, if need contact more speed or dedicated team I suggeest contact your local ESET support to open a ticket.