Upgrade endpoint 6.6 to 7.0 with PDQ deployment, need help!!

Hi,

I want to upgrade endpoint 6.6 to 7.0 with PDQ deployment. But I encounter a problem when I do this.

I did make a all-in-one installer through ERA for version 7.0

--silent --accepteula << This is in the parameters

When I deploy it to my workstations I get 5013 error returned. 

Is there a way to fix this?

If you are pushing the agent only

Be sure to include install_config.ini as additional file

here are my parameters : msiexec.exe /i "agent_x64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log

If you are pushing the AIO installer : 

ESMC_Installer_x64_fr_CA.exe --silent --accepteula

I included a screenshot of my both of my Package,  been deploying this way without any problems ! 

pdq.PNG

pdq2.PNG

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, Erwin - IT support groep said:

Is there a way to fix this?

It is not clear what could be wrong from information you provided. I would recommend to try installing on one client manually and verify installer is working properly. There is a chance it is configured in a way it result in failure. In case it will be working, there might be something wrong when installing silently - i that case I would recommend to check installation logs on client machine, located in %temp%\eset\ , i.e. in temporary directory of user you are using for deployment.

16 hours ago, cssinfo said:

If you are pushing the agent only

Be sure to include install_config.ini as additional file

here are my parameters : msiexec.exe /i "agent_x64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log

If you are pushing the AIO installer : 

ESMC_Installer_x64_fr_CA.exe --silent --accepteula

I included a screenshot of my both of my Package,  been deploying this way without any problems ! 

@Cssinfo

Thanks for the answer I did this part "ESMC_Installer_x64_fr_CA.exe --silent --accepteula" but that isn't working. If I try to install the all-in-one installer with they hand on the machine, it is working fine. Might there be a problem that I want to overwrite version 6.6?

5 hours ago, Erwin - IT support groep said:

@Cssinfo

Thanks for the answer I did this part "ESMC_Installer_x64_fr_CA.exe --silent --accepteula" but that isn't working. If I try to install the all-in-one installer with they hand on the machine, it is working fine. Might there be a problem that I want to overwrite version 6.6?

That is very weird because Ive been upgrading 6.5 and 6.6 client with this package ... 

Are you sure your deploy user have total admin rights ?   (My deploy user is a domain admin)

What are you pushing it to ?  Win7, 8 , 10 ?      We are running on Windows 10 1703 and 1803 here, both are working fine with the upgrade.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:47 PM, cssinfo said:

That is very weird because Ive been upgrading 6.5 and 6.6 client with this package ... 

Are you sure your deploy user have total admin rights ?   (My deploy user is a domain admin)

What are you pushing it to ?  Win7, 8 , 10 ?      We are running on Windows 10 1703 and 1803 here, both are working fine with the upgrade.

They user that I use should have full admin rights. I used this user to push Endpoint 6.6 for the first time a few months ago. I will use a other user with full admin rights, just to be sure. 

I want to deploy the endpoint to a Windows 7 machine. If that machine works then I will deploy it all over the company. Most of the pc's are Windows 7, some of them are W10

7 hours ago, Erwin - IT support groep said:

They user that I use should have full admin rights. I used this user to push Endpoint 6.6 for the first time a few months ago. I will use a other user with full admin rights, just to be sure. 

I want to deploy the endpoint to a Windows 7 machine. If that machine works then I will deploy it all over the company. Most of the pc's are Windows 7, some of them are W10

I dont know what to say,  I just retested an upgrade With these exact paramaters on a client running Enpoint 6.6 + Agent 6.5 this morning..

Maybe recreate a new AIO installer just to be sure.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, cssinfo said:

I dont know what to say,  I just retested an upgrade With these exact paramaters on a client running Enpoint 6.6 + Agent 6.5 this morning..

Maybe recreate a new AIO installer just to be sure.

I did delete ESET and used the deployment. Version 7 of ESET was deployed with no problem in less then 2 min. Then again I delete ESET again and install 6.6. Again I tryd to depoy 7.0 over 6.6, but again the same problem. 

Clean deployment is working fine. Overwrite 6.6 still not working.

I will try a new AIO installer :)

14 hours ago, cssinfo said:

You can deploy the new agent with PDQ and update the AV with the ERA web concole

Thats kinda the problem, I don't want to update it with ERA web. Since ERA 7.0 we only have problems and updating trough ERA is a pain in the . :( but it might  be the only option for now.

Thanks for the help :)