JS/Coinminer.BF Keeps Poping up

Eset keeps blocking JS/Coinminer.BF for every website i visit, even gmail, msn etc once it will popup if i hit enter again it will work

It does same for IDM, Adobe or any internet based software, done full system scan, used eset rescue disk, checked with tech support etc not sure what is the source is it from my pc or isp ?

coinminer.JPG

• Administrators

To fix this, perform a factory reset of your router and install the latest version of firmware. It appears that your router was hacked. Are you using Mikrotik? What model?

My isp has mikrotik router.. I gave direct connection to my system bypassing my tplink router same issue... Looks like issue from isp side...

1 hour ago, rharesh said:

Its not my router i reset it aswell

If your router is one of the vulnerable TP-Link ones, a reset is not enough. You will have to apply a firmware update if one is available from TP-Link to the router . 

• Administrators

If you have an opportunity to try a router of a different brand, please do so and let us know if the issue goes away. I'd also suggest trying SysRescue and the browser included with it to see if the alert is still triggered to rule out a local system infection.

Hi,

we have many of this infection notifications since friday, could there be a bug? Different mashines and different routers. (private home office and different business locations)

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, HSW said:

we have many of this infection notifications since friday, could there be a bug? Different mashines and different routers. (private home office and different business locations)

I'd suggest creating a SysRescue medium, booting from it and opening a website through the built-in browser. If the threat is detected, it's likely either the router or ISP that was compromised.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 1:10 PM, urbmend26 said:

I solve the problem, with Mikrotik Router.

How did you solve it with Mikrotik router? Can you please explain it? Today I start getting this annoying popup JS/Coinminer.AH not BF

I am thinking to reformat my Windows, please help.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Hasan Halim said:

How did you solve it with Mikrotik router? Can you please explain it? Today I start getting this annoying popup JS/Coinminer.AH not BF

I am thinking to reformat my Windows, please help.

Install the latest firmware available for your Mikrotik router and reset it to factory settings. Reinstalling Windows won't help since it's router that serves a CoinMiner script.

Hi Marcos, your reply is really helpful, it solves my problem. I was so stressed of annoying popup JS/Coinminer.AH

It was really unexpected that the cause would be MikroTik router and yes when I check my MikroTik settings, the Firewall rules and NAT had been changed.

Again, thank you.