ERA7?

CMS

Hi folks,

Is it just the endpoint products that have moved to v7, not the ERA console?

My console is 6.5.522.0.

Thanks

• Administrators

Please refer to https://support.eset.com/kb6925/ for instructions how to upgrade from ERA v6 to ESMC. First upgrade the server and only then agent on clients since Agent v7 will not be able to communicate with ERA v6.

After some time, we'll make upgrade from ERA to ESMC possible via an "ERA component upgrade" task.

Ah, I hadn't realised the name had changed. Is the functionality massively different? i.e. as big a jump as v5 to v6

I can't install ESMC as it's asking for a database administrator username and password, which I have no record of. The admin username and password don't work. Not sure if the issue is this, or the connection credentials, but have logged a support ticket.

44 minutes ago, CMS said:

I can't install ESMC as it's asking for a database administrator username and password, which I have no record of. The admin username and password don't work. Not sure if the issue is this, or the connection credentials, but have logged a support ticket.

Hi CMS, 

Try 'eraadmin' without the '' as this is the default account, but this should have been changed during the initial set up.

It hadn't been clear to me in the guide that I should have changed the server type to what would have likely installed by default, which then just uses Windows auth. That worked.