Tray menu options poll

Marcos

Tray menu options poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the the tray menu options do you access most often?

• Home
    • Statistics
    • Temporarily disable protection
    • Advanced setup
    • Log files
    • Open ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    • Reset window layout
    • About
  2. 2. Which of the the tray menu options do you access rarely or never and find them not useful?

• Home
    • Statistics
    • Temporarily disable protection
    • Advanced setup
    • Log files
    • Open ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    • Reset window layout
    • About
  3. 3. What option do you find useful and would like to add it to the tray menu?

• Update now
    • Quick scan (equivalent to a complete startup scan)
    • Other (specify in a post)

• Administrators

Dear users,
in order to improve our products and to tailor them better to your needs, we've prepared a short survey to find out which of the tray menu options (displayed after clicking the ESET's icon in the tray menu by the clock) you use most and what options you would like to be added to make performing frequent tasks quicker.

Best regards,

your ESET team

Thank you for this poll.

I have selected Update now as the feature to add in the tray menu. due to the recently high demand.

I would most likely use the feature myself if i missed a visual on automatic update during start-up or if the program failed in updating.

I use both of the products nod32 and ESS at home and on the job, as well as my work domain and network.

I have chosen the same options for Smart Security Poll.

Thanks

• Administrators

I have chosen the same options for Smart Security Poll.

If possible, please vote only in one forum depending on what product you use or the statistics will be skewed.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see Eset reaching out to its users to ask these questions. I imagine that it can be difficult to gauge what is best if you don't know what your users prefer!

I'd also like to be able to optionally send telemetry to Eset about which UI elements are used most so that you can collect these sort of statistics in larger volumes.

• 7 months later...

System Tray Ghost Flags. 

Ehm... What?

I don't want ghosts on my desktop.... ;)

No seriously I don't know what you mean. Also your screenshot don't make me smarter...

And it seems that you are using a quite old version of ESET NOD32, so I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest version.

System Tray Ghost Flags. 

Yes, I also see them once in a while. But I have stopped thinking its annoying and more accepting that it can happen, for whatever reason.  :D

@rugk 

siljaline is using Endpoint afaik, so the tray icon is still the "eye" among other things. 

siljaline is using Endpoint afaik, so the tray icon is still the "eye" among other things. 

OK, but this still doesn't explain what ghosts siljaline (dis)likes?!

OK, but this still doesn't explain what ghosts siljaline (dis)likes?!

Oh it's a long story my friend, to make it very short, if siljaline would click on that popup/notifications that says "ESET requires your attention", the GUI will open up but it will say that everything is just fine(wich is true). Meaning there is a Ghost that requires his attention not the product. The Ghost is using this way to talk to siljaline, there is more than one way to look at this obviously  :D

Basically the product shouldn't show this notification unless there indeed is something that needs attention. 

Well... I think I also had something like this.

In my case it is mostly exactly before or after (I think it was after because before doesn't makes such sense) an application changed to full screen mode.

And because I have automatic switch to gamer mode enabled, the gamer mode will be enabled in this case. So after ending the game (or any other full-screen-application) this issue appears.

It is because in gamer mode the status is "requires attention". This is by design, because a long activated gamer mode can really not such good. But BTT... This state is "requires attention". But because at the same time the gamer mode is active the notification won't displayed (also by design).

As far no problem.

But then the full-screen-application closes... The Gamer Mode is now deactivated. And for some reasons the "risk state" is not changed immediately (or at least not at the same time like the gamer mode switches off) - sometimes - and so this notification will be displayed (and the tray icon is orange).

But about 1 second later or so the state changes and all is ok again. This of course also happens when the user opens the GUI to check this message and so he'll see "all is okay".

So this can be the issue and I also saw it sometimes occurring at my ESS.

And I also found a way where it is possible to reproduce it sometimes: Quickly activate and deactivate the full screen mode of your browser (mostly with the key F11) and if you tried it some times you will hopefully see what I mean.

Tested with ESS 7.0.317.

Edited by rugk

Yeah in those situations I guess we can say it's normal behavior. But I have had Gamer Mode disabled for a long time. So it's not only connected to that. And Endpoint doesn't include any Gamer mode feature either.

@siljaline and all other experiencing this issue.

Maybe this can help?

Why do I keep seeing the "ESET requires your attention" notification in my system tray when no action is needed?

I think this is the article about the (or a very similar) issue...

• Marcos unpinned this topic