Jump to content

Devices not showing correct license info in ERA


patent
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I just renewed my license for another 2 years, but many of my devices show the "License expired" message and are marked with red in the ERA panel... which is making me sick :(

I just checked one of them and i was able to update the virus database. The expiration date was 05.08.2018, like 2 weeks ago and i renewed the license before the expiration date.

I'm pretty sure its a policy issue or something regarding the update mechanism. I always had trouble with various devices not updating the database and i had to add a separate profile for internet update, but since then i also had to migrate the server to a virtual machine and i think something got lost in the way...

Any help is appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Do you know, how were the endpoint clients activated? Using a license key locally, or remotely from ERA? If you have activated them using "offline file", you will have to import a new file, and distribute it by the means of "product activation" task. If they were not activated using offline file, status of the license should change automatically. I would recommend to reactivate using the product activation task, if the license info is updated in the ERA webconsole. Please note, that internet connectivity / connectivity to ESET activation servers needs to be enabled.

Edited by MichalJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many of them were activated remotely from era, just 2-3 Windows XP devices were activated with the license key, but now i have 11 warnings, the XP computers and a bunch of Windows 10 activated from era, but from the previous server installation, before the migration. The ones activated after the migration, from era, are all ok!

I tried to run the "Product activation" task on the "expired" devices, but all i get is a "Failed" message on the reports panel.

Is there a way to check the connectivity to the activation servers? The internet is working on all devices and not blocking anything Eset related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

If you click on the the details of the "task failed" for a particular computer and then "history", what´s written there?
To check the connectivity to the licensing servers, can you locally (on one of the affected machines) attempt to open https://edf.eset.com/edf ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see no other details, just the Failed message, attached a photo.

I'm able to open that page on four affected machines, they're near me and i just tried it.

On the ELA page, the affected machines are also in red with the "Last connected over 30 days ago" message, some of them have the last connection date coinciding with the period after the migration.

ees.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Thanks for the info. And what happens if you atrempt to reactivate them manually on the client by typing the license key / security admin account? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

The best would be if you could install Endpoint Security v7 to troubleshoot the issue. With EES v7 installed, carry on as follows:

- enable both Network protection and Licensing advanced logging in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics
- try to activate the product
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to migrate to v7 just yet, especially on the older XP machines, but let me explain how i managed to fix the activation issue.

I took all the policies, one by one, to verify the exact changes they implement and i discovered that in the default "HTTP Proxy Usage" policy, it was entered the old ip of the previous server, both for the Management Agent and security product, so i changed that old lan ip to the new one, re-send the activation task and the red marks were gone instantly :)

I want to thank you for the help provided, taking it step by step helped me to fix this issue, it was very helpful to write this topic, having all these things written here really helped!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks you very much "patent", for posting your solution. I had exactly the same problem, and was not clever enough to find the incorrect proxy setting!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...