Unable to activate Eset Endpoint Security on Mac

Hello,

after some troubles i was able to deploy eset endpoint security on some testsystems.

There is only one problem left. I am unable to activate the clients.  The version of the clients is 6.6.800.1

The server versions are:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.417.0)
ESET Remote Administrator (Webconsole), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

Everytime i start the activationtask for one of the clients it directly ends with "Fehlgeschlagen"/"Error".

Kind Regards,

Benjamin

• Administrators

In the topic name you wrote "ESET Endpoint Security" but according to the screen shot you are eligible to activate only ESET Endpoint Antivirus and File Security.

44 minutes ago, Marcos said:

In the topic name you wrote "ESET Endpoint Security" but according to the screen shot you are eligible to activate only ESET Endpoint Antivirus and File Security.

Totally my fault. I created the wrong package! 

Kindest Regards

dont worry mate :) one day I had similar problem. Our a/c in room was broken...almost 3 weeks. And it was friday, I thought : I will check console. After login I saw new package so I decided to be a good admin and I did upgrade..Problem was I have licence for endpoint antivirus. It was couple of seconds and i had over 1500 units with security and activation problems screaming on them :D so like they say : sh*t happens :)

Edited by Pinni3

• Administrators

By the way, on Windows we strongly recommend preferring ESET Endpoint Security to ESET Endpoint Antivirus since it also contains Network protection module which can also protect unpatched computers from exploits in network protocols, such as SMBv1. With this protection, users of ESET Endpoint Security v6 were protected from the infamous WannaCry and other malware exploiting the EternalBlue vulnerability for spreading over networks. Also troubleshooting network-related or update issues is easier with EES since it enables logging of the network communication to a pcap log.