Offline activation and mirror update for ESET Endpoint Securiy for Android

Does ESET Endpoint Security for Android support offline activaton and local mirror update?

There is a local mirror update setting in ESET Endpoint for Android policy in ERA, how to use it? Update from mirror created using ESET Endpoint AV in Windows? Seems doesn't work

And, can use XenMobile MDM to manage the eset apk? e.g. pushing the apk to mobile device? Can it be done?

Edited by jinlei801011

• ESET Staff

Hello, not as of now, but both options are being worked on right know. I will let you know more detailed timeline, as soon as I am back from vacations (in about a week).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, MichalJ said:

Hello, not as of now, but both options are being worked on right know. I will let you know more detailed timeline, as soon as I am back from vacations (in about a week).

Hi Michal, 

May I know the detailed time line? My customer need the mirror update for eset for android 

Thanks 

• ESET Staff

The required changes needs to be implemented in the both products (ERA / Android app). Android app has the fix implemented since the version 2.5, ERA currently will have the change in the version 7.1. Maybe, if we will do a service release before the next major (7.1) version comes out, we will be able to put the change in there. But, offline mirror should work also now, however activation could be only done when the devices do have the internet connection.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, MichalJ said:

The required changes needs to be implemented in the both products (ERA / Android app). Android app has the fix implemented since the version 2.5, ERA currently will have the change in the version 7.1. Maybe, if we will do a service release before the next major (7.1) version comes out, we will be able to put the change in there. But, offline mirror should work also now, however activation could be only done when the devices do have the internet connection.

Hi Michal,

Thanks. Then how to configure the offline mirror? 

There is a local mirror update setting in ESET Endpoint for Android policy in ERA, how to use it (hxxp://mirror server ip:2221)? Update from mirror created using ESET Endpoint AV in Windows? Seems doesn't work