Multi Device how it works

Hello, i've purchased 3 licenses for ESET Multi-Device Security. I wonder how that works. 1 license is for my brother (1 PC, 1 android phone) one for my cousin (1 PC) and the last is for me (1 PC) but still in my.eset.com says that the license is overused. How is that possible since the advertisement says " One ESET Multi-Device Security license can cover up to 5 of your devices ", so 15 devices since I've purchased 3 licenses, right? Please explain how that works. It must be in the same network (same WAN IP) to work properly? Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

It depends on the country where you purchased your license. In Slovakia, we don't sell multi-user license but Family pack which is intended for 4 devices at maximum. In the US, it's possible to purchase a multi-device license for up to 10 devices. The price depends on the number of devices you want to cover.

The purchase was placed at eset.co.uk and it was an upgrade from 4 licenses for ESET Smart Security. At their site says the above mentioned. Should I contact them?

3 hours ago, kanedagr said:

my.eset.com says that the license is overused. How is that possible since the advertisement says " One ESET Multi-Device Security license can cover up to 5 of your devices ", so 15 devices since I've purchased 3 licenses, right? Please explain how that works..

Concerning this, try check on your license manager at my.eset.com and please check at the left side, how much is your license are allowed to be installed on the pc, If it says 5 then proceed with the next check. If not,  then try this to keep in touch with them https://www.eset.com/uk/enquiry/support/

Other possibilities than that, i didnt know is this still occurred, but during the early launch of the license manager, the activation record on the license manager sometimes duplicated even though on the original pc it has been uninstall. So try check the device listed name for any possible duplication on activation record and remove the duplicate activation record manually by selecting the menu by clicking the arrow at the bottom of the of your PC name.

Removing the activated pc from here will deactivate the products on the listed name pc, so becarefull not to remove the wrong pc name if it was necessary.

• Administrators

Having a multi-user license doesn't mean that you are entitled to install ESET on any number of devices. The number of devices has to be chosen during the purchase process.

image.png

From FAQ below this selection:
One ESET Multi-Device Security licence can cover up to 5 of your devices. You should choose number of covered devices at the first stage of your buying process. You can transfer protection to another device at any time without the hassle of getting new licence. You can easily check your licence usage through our Licence Manager site at my.eset.com portal.

If there's something unclear about this type of license or should you need to correct your order, please contact ESET UK.