I recently discovered that Gaming mode is no longer working, the eset tray icon used to change colour  when gaming mode was active, i have even set a delay and no changing of colour, and also the logging of updates  and sending annon  stats  stops, the checking for updates in the main GUI window indicates that eset is still checking hourly for updates ,  i thought that gaming mode when active suppressed all alerts  and checking for updates ?

• Administrators

Whether Gamer mode switches on/off automatically shouldn't be determined by the change of the icon color if it is done quick enough. Did you experience a lag or some other issues while playing a game which could be attributed to ESET being updated at that time? Also you didn't mention what version you have currently installed.

Version 11.1.47.0 installed,  As for the gaming mode not working, even if I tab (alt tab) out of a game stream video to my TV which is my second monitor, there is no sign of it working,  previous version 11.059.9 i would see the icon change colour as well as the GUI  from amber to green (normal colour) when reverting from watching a video on my pc monitor in full-screen mode, and whilst streaming to the tv it used to activate gaming mode ie turn GUI amber  not doing this now,   and why is it still checking for definition updates ? all that is suppost to stop when gaming mode is active, But i am unable to pin any obvvious issues with games on Eset smart mode not working, but there again i do have performance hardware  so it wouldn't be as obvious to me as perhaps with someone on a budget gaming pc  with lower end hardware PS , the delay that you can set in the gamer mode, didn't that used to keep gaming mode switched on after you exited the full-screen app for the lenght of time you specified?

Edited by tommy456