Agent push fail cause SMB 1.0/Cifs in Win10

Hello

In last few Weeks I came a long a strange problem: New and fresh installed Windows 10 Clients, with the last March 2018 Windows updates, deactivated Firewall, all working shares, FQDN and so on, the ERA fails to push the agent. ERA is version 6.5.417.0, ESXi VM.

The error in the logfiles says:
+ mount -t cifs -o domain=*replaced*,username=Admin '//*replaced*/ADMIN$' /tmp/era_remote_deploy_wn_y6OOsPH64GoN6CJP/cifs
mount error(112): Host is down
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
* [Exit code = 32]
+ LANG=

I noticed that the Windows 10 client with this problem has somehow removed the support for SMB 1.0/CIFS Datashare under the windows features, maybe via Windows update.

image.png.997c60a5fd6a9a5716059eae68b0c535.png

After I enable it again and reboot the windows 10 System , the agent push works again:

image.png.8aae91977c81c2fcadc0e4cf301bfc98.png

My question is:

is there a way to fix this problem from ESET ERA side?
maybe by changing the hightest protocol or something ?

image.thumb.png.13c370e53a16268941cde3711814f82f.png

I found this older Post from Dimitris Bastas:

"
I am running the latest version of ERA (version 6.5.31.0)
Following MartinK suggestions I changed a line in the file

/var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/Scripts/UnixWindowsNetworkRemoteInstall.sh

Specifically the line

LANG= mount -t cifs -o "${mount_domain_option}username=$ERA_RD_WN_USERNAME" "$remote_cifs_share" "$local_cifs_mount"

becomes

LANG= mount -t cifs -o "${mount_domain_option}username=$ERA_RD_WN_USERNAME,vers=2.0" "$remote_cifs_share" "$local_cifs_mount"

After that i run the command

/sbin/restorecon -F -R -v /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server

and I tried to deploy the agent to one of the Windows 7 machines.
This workaround worked for me and I wish that a change will be made to the ERA webconsole interface, so that a user can tell that a windows computer has SMB version 2, before the agent can be installed remotely.

Thank you very much for the help.

"

I edited this UnixWindowsNetworkRemoteInstall.sh file, and it also working for me, but this is not the fine English art to fix this Problem.
for exampl,e what happes with this manual edit after an ERA update?

Edited by Zdenko Rendic

• ESET Staff
22 hours ago, Zdenko Rendic said:

I edited this UnixWindowsNetworkRemoteInstall.sh file, and it also working for me, but this is not the fine English art to fix this Problem.

for exampl,e what happes with this manual edit after an ERA update?

File will be overwritten during upgrade or installation repair.

For upcoming major release, we have modified mentioned remote deployment script, so that multiple protocol versions and authentication mechanisms are used, so that various environments are supported.