ESET Online scanner question

scottyp

I currently have BitDefender as my main AV, and I use MalwareBytes for on-demand scanning. I like to do full system scans with each of these fairly often. (Probably once a day.)

I also like to use ESET Online Scanner, once a week or so.

So far, I haven't found anything, but something strange happened, when I tried to start up ESET, I got an "Unexpected Error 101" when downloading the definitions. Then I tried again, and I got a different error immediately (the beginning where you select the check boxes), I forget exactly but I think it mentioned something about "Unsupported Operation" then opened the online scanner program window and it was blank.

I rebooted my PC, and it ran fine. But I'm just wondering if anyone knows, what could have caused it?

scottyp, just curious, were you in safe mode?

Nope, I was not.

Probably just browser issue in the background. Related to cache me thinks.

I have had it happen to me before. :)

I do use FireFox, so I had to download the .exe utility.

So you've had similar issues before? I didn't think it was caused by any sort of Virus/Malware/Etc. due to me checking with BitDefender and MalwareBytes. I also checked with F-Secure Online Scanner after running into the issue with ESET. None of them turned up anything.

If you have Bitdefender and Mbam, as well as scanning often with ESET Online scanner....

There is not much that can touch or infect your computer and NOT be caught. :)

I would come back here if you see it again and we can collect some logs and screen shots.

However avoiding browser issues is not likely, they're just to common.

• 1 year later...