ESET detected that malware

Guest MarcoO

Heya guys hope you're all well.

Probably you've already read about it but there was a malware in an flight sim addon built in by a famous developer itself (If you haven't - Here's an article: https://fselite.net/news/fslabs-provide-detailed-update-current-situation/ )

That malware had been built in since the first version and since then ESET found it every time when I scanned it and that's why it could have been found out a lot earlier than now!

Thank you ESET for providing maybe the best security against unknown threats!!!

I attached 3 pictures: The first 2 show the last version with the malware built in and the third shows the latest version in which the developer has removed the malware.

V231.JPG

V231-2.JPG

V232.JPG

Edited by MarcoO

FWIW, It wasn't an "unknown" threat - it's a PUA that's existed for a long time (July) and was stupidly bundled by the developer of that payware aircraft installer to try and catch a software pirate. That particular build of the PUA was first submitted to VT back in November, and the tool itself (Chrome password dump) has been around longer.

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, cvvorous said:

FWIW, It wasn't an "unknown" threat - it's a PUA that's existed for a long time (July) and was stupidly bundled by the developer of that payware aircraft installer to try and catch a software pirate. That particular build of the PUA was first submitted to VT back in November, and the tool itself (Chrome password dump) has been around longer.

Read this the other day and was going to bring it up but forgot to. I can understand the issues and annoyances developers will have with pirates but installing a chrome password stealer is not the answer. They have tried to claim it was only used for those using pirated keys but as it was included by default genuine users also had this which isnt right. It takes one hacker or simply a dodgy or fired colleague and they now have all these passwords. 

Apparently they are already using this method to catch people but i cannot see any court allowing this considering their own method would be classed as illegal