License Manager

novice

If I add a license bought retail on License Manager, will be activated automatically?

I do not need to activate any license now, I just want to deposit it there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Sorry for missing this thread -- after you click "Add license", enter your License Key and click "Add license" again, you will be taken to the Activate form in order to add the license to ESET License Manager. So it seems you can't add retail box licenses to ELM for safe keeping, but I understand why you would want to do this--I'll mention this to Product Manager and I'll update the Online Help to be more clear about this. 

19 hours ago, foneil said:

I'll mention this to Product Manager and I'll update the Online Help to be more clear about this. 

What about mentioning this and suggesting to make possible to just "deposit" a license in the account and activate it when needed?

• ESET Moderators

I've relayed the request to add a license to ELM without having to activate it. We've updated the Online Help to make note of this.

http://help.eset.com/license_manager/en-US/elm_managing_license.html

Added the note:

Only an activated license can be added and managed by ESET License Manager. Adding a new license to License Manager requires activating a License Key by completing the activation form.