Feature request: Download Resource

My company is currently evaluating ERA and find it is lacking the ability to download and execute a file. We would like to be able to deploy TeamVeiwer (among others) which is an EXE not MSI. After speaking with tier 2 tech support they told me it was not currently possible. I feel it would be high advantageous to be able to download a file to all my remote computer and then have that file execute once or on a schedule by using the "Run Command" task. If the ability to download a file from the internet was available, that would open up many additional scripting and instillation options. Thank you for you time.

Updated workaround if anyone interested. I was able to over come this by creating and .msi with all the .exe, .ps, and other files I wanted to deploy inside. When the .msi file is executed by the install software task a specific folder is created with all the files I need to deploy inside. I can then use any deployed script or .exe file using the "run command". This is an effective workaround, but an inherent download resource task would be ideal. Thanks again

Edited by TechMedx

• 2 weeks later...

I used Advanced Installer (free trial). The wizard made it really easy to create it including silent installs. With a few tweaks I was able to put the files in a newly created folder on the root of C: and "upgrade" my package when new files were needed. It also creates a ESET supported uninstall which is nice.

I also looked into Install forge, which is freeware and in turn is very limited. Links below for anyone in need. If anyone has a better program I would be interested in something with the features of the free AI (the basic stuff nothing extra fancy) but either free or less than the $399 for AI.

Advanced Installer - https://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Install Forge  - hxxp://installforge.net/download/#

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2017 at 7:09 AM, TechMedx said:

Advanced Installer - https://www.advancedinstaller.com/

I was wrong this product is freeware and can be used after 30 days. If your looking for a way to deploy files to a remote machine, so you can execute them from ERA, this has proven to be a great solution. So far I have built and deployed 15+ .msi files as my needs have expanded. Each time the new msi uninstalls the old version and updates to the new, and can be automated using ERA dynamic groups (detecting version number). Highly recommended.