huge thank you for not going nuts on the gui

zfactor

i just want to say thank you for not going the route so many have gone and making a really horrible and ugly gui and taking away most of the advanced options. i love the current one and im sure at some point it will need updating but when that happens i hope you guys will continue the same approach! all my favorite gui's are now gone except with eset you guys kept it fairly close.

• Most Valued Members

I agree. There is nothing more frustrating to me then having a software vendor create a new GUI and move everything some place else in the program just for the sake of a new GUI. If it improves the flow of the program then I understand, but change for the sake of change is pointless.

I don't understand the need for a new GUI if the current one works nor do I understand why people want them. I would much rather see the effort be put under the hood to protect me.

After the initial setup and scheduling I don't spend very much time staring at the EIS GUI. It does it's thing in the background and I do my work on the desktop. But that's just me, the simpler things are the better I like it.

• Most Valued Members

I remember a few people weren't keen when eset changed the design but for me they kept the simple design eset had but modernised it. I used to use bitdefender ages ago and at one point they seemed to change the design every year. It could be interesting to see what they come up with but can confuse people as they have to learn the new layout. You also start to wonder what is new or if the new design is there to hide the fact there aren't many new changes 

i mean sure i miss the old school gui of like version 2.5 but i think if it had to be updated this is the best compromise they could have made.

I think the current design is good, but I like the enterprise GUI better, especially because the current v11 main window still cannot be maximized, which is really ugly on a tablet in tablet mode.

Edited by 0xDEADBEEF